Service Exchange, Cancellation, and Refund Policy
Service Exchange, Cancellation, and Refund Policy
I. Definition - Abbreviations
1. Company: Gene Friend Vietnam Company Limited.
2. SCK: Sample collection kit.
3. RFGS: Request Form for Genetica® Service, form/text for Client to register their information and the Company’s services.
4. Genetica Application: Mobile Application (app); website (web) used for Client to register their information and the Company’s services.
5. Client: Client who uses Genetica® Services.
6. Service: The Company provides genetic testing, analysis, decoding services, and including but not limited to other services provided by Genetica.
7. Policy: This service exchange, cancellation, and refund policy.
8. Sample: are saliva samples used for genetic analysis, taken from the Customer itself in accordance with Genetica® instructions and the instructions attached to the Sample-Collecting Kit.
II. Service exchange policy
1. The Client who wishes to exchange the registered Service must satisfy all of the following conditions:
a. Within 15 days from the date of Service registration and/or before the Company conducts the DNA analysis and decoding (depending on which comes first); and
b. The Service Fee of the exchanged service must be equal to or higher than the Service Fee of the registered Service. In such case, the Service Fee for exchanging shall be applied as follows:
(i) In case the Service which the Client wishes to exchange, if the Service Fee is higher than the registered Service Fee, the Client must pay the difference within 03 days from the change request date;
(ii) In case the Service which the Client wishes to exchange has a Service Fee equal to the registered Service Fee, the Client does not have to pay the difference of the Service Fee; and
(iii) In case the Service which the Client wishes to exchange has a Service Fee lower than the registered Service Fee, the Client does not have to pay any extra fee and shall not be refunded for the difference of the Service Fee.
Note: the Client must pay fees incurred from the SCK related to the Client’s request on Service exchange if any:
2. If the Client purchases Service through an agent/partner ("Partner") of the Company, the Client shall contact the Partner to resolve any questions and complaints about the Service (if any).
3. In all cases, if there is any different, inconsistent information between registered information by the Client in the RFGS and Genetica Application, the Company shall consider the registered information in the RFGS to be applied and implemented.
III. Service Cancellation Policy:
1. For Client
The client shall not be allowed to cancel the registered Service.
2. For the Company
The Company is entitled to cancel providing Service in the following cases:
a) The Client does not receive the SCK: the Company sends the SCK to the Client twice but the Client denies receiving the SCK which is not the Company’s fault or the order was returned due to no recipient.
b) The Client damages or loses the SCK: the Company sends the SCK but the Client damages or loses the SCK at the maximum of two times. If the Client does not agree to take a sample for the third time, the Company is entitled to cancel the Service. If the Client still wishes to retain the Service, the Client must pay the SCK fee for the third time onward.
c) The Client does not send the Sample to the Company: within 30 (thirty) days from the date of SCK receipt but the Company does not receive the Sample from the Client.
d) Unsuccessful extraction and processing of Samples: The Company has extracted, collected, and processed the Sample twice for the Client but failed to perform the test. In such a case, the Company reserves the right to cancel the Service. If the Client still wishes to retain the Service, the Client must pay the Service Fee as in case of the new register of Service.
Within seven (07) days from the date the Company sends an official notice by email and/or text message to the information provided by the Client at the RFGS and/or Genetica Mobile Application about cancellation to the Client, if the Company does not receive any response from the Client to continue the Service, the Client is deemed to agree to cancel the Service of the Company.
IV. Service Refund Policy
1. In case of the Cancelation, as mentioned in Section II above, the Service Fee that was paid to the Company by the Client shall not be refunded back to the Client.
2. Service Fee refund period: If the Company does refund the Client, the refund will be processed within 30 working days from the date the Company sends an official confirmation notice via email and/or text message or any other method as regulated by the Company.
3. After the Company cancels the service and completes the refund to the Client (if any), the Company no longer has any obligations and benefits related to the Client. The Company reserves the right to perform or refuse the next Service for the Client.
1. This Policy is in effect starting from 01 August 2022.
2. The Company reserves the right to update or change this Policy at any time.
3. The Client please see the latest updated policy at Genetica's Website (website: https://www.genetica.asia) or the Company's Genetica Application.