I. Definition - Abbreviations
- Company: Gene Friend Vietnam Company Limited
- SCK: Sample collection kit
- RFGS: Request Form for Genetica® Service, form/text using for Client to register their information and the Company’s service
- Genetica Application: Mobile Application (app); website (web) using for Clients to register their information and the Company’s service
- Client: Client who use Genetica® Service.
- Service: Genetic testing, analysis and decoding services provided by the Company.
- Policy: This service exchange, cancellation and refund policy.
II. Service exchange policy
1. The Client who wishes to exchange the registered Service must satisfy all of the following conditions:
− Within 15 days from the date of Service registration and/or before the Company conducts the DNA analysis and decoding (depend on which comes first); and
− Service Fee of the exchanged service must be equal or higher than the Service Fee of the registered Service. In such case, the Service Fee for exchanging shall be applied as follows:
(i) In case the Service which the Client wishes to exchange, has the Service Fee higher than the registered Service Fee, Client must pay the difference within 03 days from the change request arises;
(ii) In case the Service which the Client wishes to exchange, has the Service Fee equal to the registered Service fee, Client does not have to pay the difference of the Service Fee; and
(iii) In case the Service which the Client wishes to exchange, has the Service Fee lower than the registered Service Fee, Client does not have to pay extra fee and shall not be refunded the difference of the Service Fee.
Note: the Client must pay fees incurred from the SCK related to the Client’s request on Service exchange, if any.
2. If the Client purchases Service through an agent/partner ("Partner") of the Company, the Client shall contact the Partner to resolve questions and complaints about the Service (if any).
3. In all cases, if there is any different, inconsistent information registered by the Client in the RFGS and Genetica Application, the Company shall consider the registered information in the RFGS to be applied, implemented.
III. Service Cancellation Policy:
1. For Client
Due to the feature of providing Service, registered Service is not allowed to be canceled, except for the case where the Client has the right to cancel the Service if the Company is late to issue the result for the Client after 30 (thirty) days from the due date. Accordingly, the due date means 60 (sixty) working days from the date the Company receives the Service Fee and qualified Sample of the Client to conduct the Service, except day off, holiday, Tet in accordance with Vietnamese law and American law.
Effective from 15 July 2021, The due date means 30 (thirty) working days from the date the Company receives the Service Fee and qualified Sample of the Client to conduct the Service, except day off, holiday, Tet in accordance with Vietnamese law and American law
2. For the Company
The Company is entitled to cancel providing Service and applying the deduction of the SCK fee in the following cases:
a) The Client does not receive the SCK: the Company sends the SCK to the Client twice but the Client denies to receive the SCK which is not the Company’s fault or the order returned due to no recipient.
b) The Client damages, loses the SCK: the Company sends the SCK but the Client damages, loses the SCK for the maximum of two times. If the Client does not agree to take a sample for the third time, the Company is entitled to cancel the Service and refund a part of the Service to the Client after deducting the fee of the received SCK at the current price of the time of fee return. If the Client still wishes to retain the Service, the Client must pay the SCK fee from the third time.
c) The Client does not send the Sample to the Company: within 60 (sixty) days from the date of SCK receipt but the Company does not receive the Sample of the Client. The Company shall be entitled to cancel the Service and refund part of the Service Fee to the Client after deducting the fee of the SCK which the Client received at the current price of the time of fee return.
d) Unsuccessful extraction and processing of Samples: The Company has extracted, collected and processed Sample twice for Client but still fails to perform the test. In such cases, the Company is entitled to cancel the Service and refund 100% of the Service Fee to the Client. If the Client still wants to continue the Service, in addition to the paid Service Fee, the Client must pay the SCK fee for the samples taken from the third time onwards according to the SCK price set by the Company at the time the Client orders the new SCK.
Within seven (07) days from the date the Company sends an official notice by email and/or text message to the information provided by the Client at the RFGS and/or Genetica Mobile Application about cancellation and refund of the Service to the Client, if the Company does not receive any response on the wish to continue the Service, the Client is deemed to agree to cancel the Service of the Company.
IV. Service Refund Policy
1. In case the Company cancels service provision as mentioned in Section II, item 2 above, the Client shall be refunded the total Service Fee or a part of the Service Fee paid to the Company before after deducting the SCK fee at the current price of the Company and other reasonable fee related to the preparation and transport of the SCK.
2. Service Fee refund period: within 30 (thirty) working days from the date the Company sends an official notice to the Client by email and/or text message or any other method as regulated by the Company.
3. After the Company cancels the service and completes refunding to the Client (if any), the Company no longer has any obligations and benefits related to the Client. The Companyreserves the right to perform or refuse to perform the next Service for the Client.
1. The Policy is in effect from 01 April 2021.
2. Company reserves to update, change in accordance with this Policy at all times.
3. The Client please update the latest policy at the Website (website: genetica.asia) or the Company's Genetica Application to update related information.